Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Let's Get Started

I am going to stop worrying about how this blog looks and start posting.  I thought it would be fun to create a place for us to share pictures of projects we are working on, places we go, pictures of fun things we buy, and just share about what we are doing day to day.
We definitely come by our desire to create honestly. 
You can ask Dad to make something and he can do it.  This is the doll bed he made for Abigail for her first birthday.

 
Mom is a talented seamstress.  Here is a dress Abigail wore in her 2nd year pictures and a quilt she made for me.

Of course, all of our grandparents were or are gifted in creating things.  As I was taking pictures for this post, I was amazed by all of the things in our home that were made by my family or by me.  It makes me feel special to be surrounded by things that people I love have made for me.

Marci made these candle stick hangers and signs for me for Christmas this year.  I love them!  I need to get busy and make some seasonal signs to hang from them.


Niki embroidered this tea towel for me.  I love the detail and the tiny stitches.  Of course, I don't use it, it is too pretty, it is on display in my kitchen.

She made this Texas flag for me, too.  I mean she MADE the flag and the frame.  I first thought she framed the flag but then she told me she made the flag also.  I still can't believe it!

I decorated this lamp shade for Abigail's room.  I am embarrassed to show the before picture, I don't know what I was thinking.  But I like the way it turned out the second time around.

Okay, I can't wait to see what my wonderful sisters post on this blog.  I love clicking through blogs to see what strangers create and the fun things they do.  So I think it is about time that I get started and share.

No comments:

Post a Comment