Thursday, August 4, 2011

Baby Shower Gift

I have a friend who is having a baby in late September. I decided that rather than buying her something I would make her some unique, one-of-a-kind pieces for her and her little one. I made this oh so tiny onesie. I cute a design from the fabric, ironed it down with Steam n' Bond, then sewed about a 1/4 inch in from the edge. This creates a great frayed look after washing.
I then made a great nursing cover for mom with the same fabric from the onesie. I had a hard time deciding on the fabric to use but am really happy with what I got. This picture does not do it justice, it turned out so nice. This is a super easy sewing project and you can find many tutorials on the internet with step by step instructions and pictures!
Lastly, I sewed the same fabric on a burp cloth. What could be better than coordinating mom and baby?



No comments:

Post a Comment