Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Fall Playdate with Friends

We had been missing spending time with all of our play date friends since we started school, so I decided to invite some friends over for some fall fun.  I got a little carried away with decorations and food, thank you very much to Pinterest!  I love scrolling through all the pins but there is just not enough time to do all the fun things that I pin to my boards.  I totally love Pinterest!  But, back to the play date...
Zachary and Abigail helped me make the leaf banners for the sweets table by practicing making patterns.

We made cupcakes with orange sprinkles in the batter and orange icing with sprinkles, orange rice crispy treats shaped like pumpkins with peanut butter cup stems, and marshmallows.  We found pumpkin spice flavored marshmallows in the shape of pumpkins and ghost shaped marshmallows in white, orange and gray.
Our other snacks included chips and queso, chocolate and cheddar goldfish mixed in a bowl, a mix of almonds and candy corn, and orange koolaide.
Our friend, Becky, made these super cute and yummy acorns to share with everyone.  They were a hit!

We had two crafts to choose from.  The paper strip pumpkins hanging from the chandelier was one choice.
Decorating a foam pumpkin with your name and glittery leaf stickers was the other choice.

I think that the kids enjoyed the games best. 
This "Pin the Nose on the Scarecrow" is the only one that I have a picture of. 
We also had "Candy Corn Bowling", which was simply coffee cans, covered with paper to make them look like candy corn, stacked like a pyramid and the kids rolled a ball to knock them down. 
There was also a "Pumpkin Toss", which was just throwing orange
loofah sponges into three different buckets.

The weather was nice so we headed to the park for a picnic lunch before everyone went home.
I enjoy planning fun things for my sweet kids.  They get so excited to help.  I love spending time with my friends and I know that Zac and Abigail love playing with their friends.

Sondra

shabby creek cottage

No comments:

Post a Comment