Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Disney Outfits

We are planning a long weekend trip to Disney World and that just gave me one more reason to get crafty. I decided to do some Disney themed shirts and have been wanting to make a patchwork skirt for a while now. So I decided this was my chance to give it a try. I cut the Minnie Mouse head with my Cricut and used Steam n Bond to apply it to the shirt. Added a little hand stitching and some rhinestones and got a one of a kind shirt. On to the skirt, I got 8-10 different fabrics, cut them down to 4.5x10 pieces and them started sewing them together. It turned out pretty good for my first attempt.
Since I was successful with the first skirt I thought I would give it another try with a twist. This is what I call a vertical patchwork. I took a picture of it like this, so you could see the true fullness of the skirt. I can't say it enough "I love this skirt". It is super cute on.


Addison said she wanted a shirt with Cinderella so I did a silhouette on the Cricut (of course) did some ironing, stitching and added rhinestones (I love to bling it up). I used the same amount of fabric for this skirt but turned the pieces vertical and put a ruffle on the bottom. I was trying to be resourceful so I used fabric from my growing collection.







I'm linking here



Party Button

3 comments:

  1. Those are so cute. My daughter would love them. I'm your newest follower. I would love it if you linked your project up to my link party tomorrow.
    More The Merrier Monday.

    http://diyhshp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are FANTASTIC! And SO much better quality than the expensive ones in the park!
    Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie last week! I can't wait to see what you have for this week!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete