Friday, March 25, 2011

Fleur de lis Spring Outfit

I think I started on this outfit in late summer or early fall and I finally finished the last few details just in time for these beautiful spring days we have had lately.


I originally bought this blue paisley fabric for a dress but the guy who cut the fabric measured it from right to left instead of left to right and I got the wrong amount of fabric, so the dress turned into pants/capris. 

For the shirt, I found a fluer de lis stencil online and traced it onto Heat n Bond iron-on adhesive, applied it to the fabric, then to the tshirt and hand embroidered around it for detail.


Abigail wore it to Story Time at the library this week and we got quite a few comments. 


Finishing this outfit really gets me excited to do a few more shirts or outfits for spring and summer!






1 comment:

  1. Way to go mama!! Great ruffles and fun prints! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete